A Parallel Battery Stack Manager
The Multi-Stack Controller (MSC) aggregates control of all the battery stacks in your energy storage system, enabling you to operate the ESS as a single unified battery. It also provides individual stack-level control. The MSC functions as a central battery control hub from which all other ESS control systems (energy controllers, PCS, external communications) can obtain battery data and send control commands to the battery system. It can be used to manage up to 36 battery stacks in parallel and will bring up stacks in the sequence best suited to the immediate use-case requirement, i.e., power, energy, or capacity. Battery system performance data and user controls can be accessed from a locally connected PC or remotely over Ethernet.
- Cell / stack / multi-stack dashboards
- Remote access
- Local data logging
- Data download for analytics and tracking
- Advanced BMS configuration deployment
- Enables monitoring and control of the entire battery pack though a single Modbus TCP interface.
- Provides parallel stack aggregation and intelligent control. Manages up to 36 parallel battery stacks.
- Collects pack-level voltage, temperature, and current statistics for all cells.
- Calculates State of Charge and Depth of Discharge of the unified energy storage system.
- Aggregates system-wide faults and warnings and provides battery pack diagnostics.
- Ensures that measurements and control signals are propagating though all BMS modules.
- Functions as a data analytics gateway by providing access to battery measurements for data capture.
- Ruggedized (SAE J2464, SAE J2380), suitable for use in mobile energy storage systems.
Bonita Springs, USA
Long-Duration Backup Power Solution
E2 Companies uses Nuvation Energy’s High-Voltage Battery Management Systems for their hybrid battery ESS + natural gas genset system. The e2 R3Di power system provides near instant backup energy and…