Nuvation Energy provides battery management systems, energy management solutions, and energy storage system design services to organizations that are adding Second Life to their EV battery life cycle strategy.
A robust Second Life strategy enables organizations that manage high volumes of used EV batteries to create new revenue sources, reduce expensive warehousing, and to delay battery recycling. Used electric vehicle battery packs typically have 70% to 80% State of Health when they are removed from a vehicle, with batteries that can be used for as long as a decade in a stationary energy storage application.
Our solutions include:
- Configurable battery management systems for Second Life batteries.
- Second Life pack and energy storage system design services.
- Energy controllers for integrating Second Life energy storage systems into a distributed energy resource (DER) infrastructure.
Our solutions can be applied to:
- Rebuilding a new energy storage system with cells or modules from disassembled EV packs.
- Reusing the original EV packs in an energy storage system by controlling the EV pack electronics to behave as if they are still in the vehicle.
Organizations we work with include:
- Automotive companies that are building out a Second Life strategy as part of their EV battery lifecycle program.
- System integrators deploying Second Life into their energy storage portfolio.
- Second Life battery warehousing companies looking to create new revenue streams and reduce their stored inventory.
Behind the Meter ESS – ECO STOR
ECO STOR utilized Nuvation Energy’s high-voltage battery management system and nController Energy Management System to manage Second Life Nissan Leaf battery packs. The application was used in a school and…